Join the team: Project Manager
Posted on February 03, 2022
THE ROLE – PROJECT MANAGER
We are looking for a part-time Project Manager to work closely with the Artistic Directors and Producer as the company embarks on the production of new large-scale projects. The Project Manager will manage the delivery of HUMANHOOD productions and tours both within the UK & abroad.
The company works remotely and communicates digitally outside of creation and touring periods. The Project Manager will be expected to work 2 days per week (to be determined with the team). The role requires flexibility in working environment and schedule, as it may involve travel as well as varying working days and times.
We are looking for this person to grow with the company in the long-term, with the opportunity to go full-time from April 2023 (to be discussed).
Be part of a close-knit team that is open minded, intuitive and focuses strongly on personal development for the greater good and expression of the company.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and actively encourage applications from Black, Asian and those belonging to ethnic groups that are currently underrepresented within the Arts.
Artistic and Production
- Organise and coordinate production & tour logistical arrangements such as studio bookings, auditions, travel, per diems, accommodation, rooming lists and set transport & storage
- Obtain visas, work permits, certificates of sponsorship, A1s and assist in the preparation of relevant tax information to external partners
- Prepare and circulate rehearsal & touring schedules and Company information packs
- Liaise with touring venues, artists, technicians, creatives and collaborators
- Attend meetings, receptions, workshops, auditions, performances and other events, as required
- Answer general enquiries
- Schedule and take minutes at company and Board meetings
- Process financial paperwork and assist in the monitoring and spend management of the budgets
- Maintain databases, gather audience numbers and statistics
- Assist with marketing and social media as and when required
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills, experience, and personal qualities:
- Strong interest in contemporary dance and HUMANHOOD’s vision
- Experience of working with performing arts projects, including organising logistics and performing administrative duties
- Experience of managing projects offsite and on tour
- Experience of working with budgets and financial processes
- Languages: English and Spanish required, Catalan a bonus
- Excellent organisation skills & attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Knowledge of visa application processes
- A positive ‘can do’ and ‘hands on’ attitude
- Creative in finding solutions
- Open-minded, ambitious and keen to step out of their comfort zone
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as within a team
- IT proficiency, especially in Excel, Word, Power Point programmes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for clear and effective presentation/ design
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, including occasional UK & overseas travel as required
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary: £30,000 full-time salary, on a pro-rata basis, 2 days per week, possibility to go full-time from April 2023 to be discussed
Days: flexible (across Monday to Friday), to be determined with the team
Hours: 8 hours per day
Contract: 12 month fixed-term contract with a 2-month probation period. Possibility of extending the contract to be confirmed.
Location: From home, with occasional travel in the UK and abroad required.
This position is offered on a freelance basis, meaning that you will be responsible for your own tax and national insurance contributions. We are also freelancers, and we can offer informal advice and support about this - but it is important that you understand the difference between freelance and employed work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and cover letter (no more than one side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 23:59 on Sunday 27th February 2022.
Interviews will take place via Zoom on the 3rd and 4th March 2022.
The role will start on the week commencing 21st March 2022.